Saturday, November 20, 2010

Islanders vs Panthers Preview, Botta Situation

Join the Islanders411 message board!


Losers of 11 straight look to get their first win A MONTH..Yes, a month. The Islanders last win if I recall was last October 20th at Tampa Bay when the play was under review for about ten minutes, and the call was a goal with Matt Moulson somehow scoring after Ellis was batting it around the crease.

Here we go with the call ups since Snow doesn't want to make a trade, because it "wont help the organization down the road". Oh wait of course it will. This team has lost 11 in a row and can barely score a goal and you don't think if we acquire a decent top 6 that it's not going to help his team? Wow!

Anyway, Jesse Joensuu has been called up from Bridgeport. Jon Sim was returned. I bet this is gonna help! (sarcasm)

If Rick DiPietro doesn't start tonight, I don't know what to say. This guy needs to play a game, he didn't sign a contract to be on the bench for six straight. He's not injured as far as I know. Roli has played great this season and also last season but this loosing streak looks like it most likely isn't going to get better so why not give DP a shot?


My take on the Botta situation: The Islanders were wrong on their part. Chris Botta covered the Isles daily and that's where most fans went to see everything he provided. Just because apparently he said something negative on his blog, doesn't mean you go and pull a his credentials. How could you hold your feelings back after the team loses so many games in a row? I don't know the whole situation but it's just another fail by the Islanders organization. You loose 11 probably going on 12 tonight in a row. In the off season, you don't renew Billy Jaffe's contract, who was too negative meanwhile Goring can't even get names right. You fail to find top six talent. The best trade you made was getting Wisniewski for just a conditional draft pick...Oh wait that was your only trade, Garthie! Then, this. Pretty soon Isles fans are going to be wearing bags over their heads, and I'm not kidding. There's already been talk.

Of course you can always check here for up to date coverage of the Islanders, usually posting every day..Also make sure to check over at Islanders Hockey Blog where me and Dave write. I'll probably be having better coverage over there, just wanted to get this blog started first. It's a great blog and Christian A, the owner has credentials himself.

Islanders411 always appreciates comments with your feelings regarding the Islanders. Please feel free to vent about the Isles below. Please try to keep it clean. Also, by clicking the link up top, you can sign up and join the Islanders411 message board!

3 comments:

  1. Nick, The Isles beef with Botta is that "He makes himself the news when he doesn't get his way". At least that is their claim. However I am SURE they don't appreciate his honest, straight forward reports.
    Also, I have noticed a lot of my comments don't appear on your site after I post them. What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the correction, I appreciate it! Like I said I didn't know the full situation so thanks. Also, I don't know what's going on.. I noticed that as well with comments. I'll try to find that out but thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you type your name and link in, after your comment I believe you have to click it two times.

    ReplyDelete