Monday, September 13, 2010

Quick Hits: Martin and Joensuu, Camp Invites, Satan...


-Matt Martin and Jesse Joensuu skated today with the guys
-Chris Botta reports that Miro Satan is close to signing an NHL contract, so he probably wont be at the Isles tryouts.
-As of now, not many NHL'ers accepted the Isles invite to tryout with them

My take: I can see Martin giving a good chance on the team this season, he can play in mostly all forward areas. He can even get physical and stand up for his teammates.

On Satan: If Satan doesn't sign with an NHL team, I would certainly expect to see him trying out with the Isles. But, like Chris Botta said, he's close to signing an NHL contract. I'm just saying, if something goes wrong, it will be time to pull out your Satan jerseys.
If no one accepts the Isles camp invites, then I suggest that the Isles go out and look for a top 6 forward. My opinion is that they need an experienced NHL'er on the team. I'm not saying that top 6 is going to lead them into the playoffs, but you can't rely on Moulson all the time.

Sometime this week, I will post- My potential lines, and grading the Isles...

No comments:

Post a Comment