Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Is DP ever going to come back 100 percent?

Over the past two seasons, Rick DiPietro has only played 13 via Islanders Point Blank. The Isles staff keeps saying that he's ready and excited to come back, this and that, but he never comes back for more then, what, five games? I understand it's hard for him especially with his knee, and hips but it's been quite some time now. This certainly didn't help Biron or Roloson last year as he says it didn't really work out the way he wanted it to. "I was in a situation with the Islanders where there was the possibility of going with three goalies all season," said Biron. "There was also a lot of upside to signing there last year, but unfortunately for me and for everybody else, it didn't work out the way that I was hoping to with that team. It was an experiment that didn't work out for me or the Islanders, but that's OK.".

I know if I had hip surgeries, and knee problems that I woud need some time to come back 100 percent in the NHL.Certainly. But he keeps coming back and hurting himself. He keeps saying he feels fine, and then comes back into action, and hurts himself again. On Twitter, when he answered questions, he said he's ready for training camp and has been skating. I would expect him to either get hurt in training camp, or come back opening night and be healthy. We'll see.

Roloson has been great for the Isles last season, for his age. I'm happy that we have him this season again, but what happens if DP gets hurt again? We can't go to the Bridgeport guys who never played an NHL game. We went to MacDonald and Dannis two seasons back, and they hardly stopped anything. They weren't quite ready, in my take.


There was rumor that we were seriously interested in Niemi.He didn't only play well because of the Hawks defense. He made some great saves, not involving any help. He would be great for the Isles, coming off of a great record and winning the cup. Roloson isn't going to play a full season, the guy is in his 40's. But if Snow want's to go like that, and call up Lawson, fine.Just make sure you have a trade or something up your sleeve after the guy plays a few games, Snowie. So, will DP play at all this season? Even the home opener? Let me know what you think. Leave your feedback in comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment