Sunday, January 23, 2011

Will Nabokov Report To The Island?

After being claimed off of waivers yesterday afternoon by the Islanders, there was indication that Evgeni Nabokov refused to report to the Islanders.

I reached his agent, Don Meehan and he stated:

"He has made the decision not to report".

ESPN contacted Nabokov himself just a few minutes ago.
"I think I'm going to stay home for now, I'm sticking with my decision," Nabokov told ESPN.com from his home in San Jose. "It's nothing against the Islanders and their organization. It's nothing to do with that. It's just that I'm at the point in my career where I want to help a team win in the playoffs. I don't see how I could help the Islanders or what I could do for them. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And I hope they understand that."

"I understand the rules," said Nabokov, who signed a one-year, $570,000 deal with the Wings. "We're not stupid, we knew what was going on before we made the decision. But I made this decision because the goal was to play with Detroit."
However, Katie Strang Tweeted moments ago that Garth Snow was apparently on the phone with the goaltender, or so Wang says.

For up to date information, please follow me on Twitter @NickMcGuireNYI...

No comments:

Post a Comment