Friday, January 14, 2011

Jon Sim Suspended After Not Reporting To Sound Tigers

(This piece can also be seen at SportsHaze)

The Islanders have suspended their veteran forward Jon Sim as he didn't report to the Sound Tigers after clearing waivers.

Sim, 33, was placed on waivers Monday afternoon for his fourth time this season. After clearing, reports indicate that he refused to report to the Isles AHL affiliate, the Bridgeport Sound Tigers.

The reason for Sims action apparently is because he intends to leave the Islanders team and play for a team in Switzerland, according to the Isles beat writer Katie Strang.

Sim indeed played in Bridgeport previous times this seasons. In just eight games played, he recorded seven goals and two assists, That's pretty impressive for an NHL fourth liner.

Sim stated that he has no hard feelings about the Islanders organization and just did what he felt was right for himself, and his family:

"I'm a loyal guy and I expect a lot of myself and believe me, this was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but I had to make this decision for my family." via Katie Strang.

Sim was placed on unconditional waivers today, and assuming he clears, he'll no longer be on the Islanders anymore.

*Also, Dylan Reese has been placed on waivers and will report to Bridgeport assuming he clears

No comments:

Post a Comment